Citizens Bank Small Business Community Champion Contest
As part of small business month Citizens Bank is conducting a small business community champion contest. Our objective is to reinforce how important small businesses are to our communities. By recognizing and awarding cash prizes to six small businesses in Boston, Philadelphia and Pittsburgh, we are able to help them strengthen their business and thus their community.
What you need to know
- The contest runs from March 19 to April 22.
- The business has to be a for-profit small business in greater Boston, Philadelphia or Pittsburgh.
- Open to all small businesses with annual revenue under $10MM.
- 2 prizes per market will be awarded:
- 1st Prize: $20,000
- 2nd Place: $10,000
- Entrant completes an entry form on our microsite online application which includes business name, entrant name, title, business address, state, zip, email address, phone number and business website or Facebook page (if available).
- Entrant submits 150 word essay and up to 2 photos via our microsite online webpage.
- Judging criteria includes:
- Relevance to theme (strengthening their business to benefit our shared local communities)
- Originality/creativity of entry
- Most compelling essay
- Appropriateness to (Citizens Bank) brand image (this enables us to exclude any business that might be in conflict with what we stand for – e.g. an adult entertainment venue, a check-cashing store that charges exorbitant interest, etc.)
- Final winners will be notified on May 11 (top 2 in each market)
- Prizes awarded week of May 14
How it benefits small business winners
- More visibility within their community.
- The opportunity to win a cash prize to take action that will help grow or strengthen their business, as outlined in their entry.
- Citizens Bank publicity:
- Press Release announcing winners
- Checks and plaque presented to winners at their place of business
- Branch digital signage congratulating and highlighting business winners in each market
- Celebration of winners in CFG social media
- Announcement of final winners on entry microsite
Kindly find the information below from Citizens Bank regarding its Small Business Community Champion Contest. For more information, contact Jessika Faulkner, Small Business Relationship Manager, Citizens Bank, Mayfair, 7327 Frankford Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19136, firstname.lastname@example.org, 215-624-2101.